Kananaskis Country is a beautiful place for a summer getaway and there are so many wonderful hikes to tackle while you’re there!
I’ve compiled some of my favourite Kananaskis hikes for you below, in no particular order. Each of these hikes offers stunning views and scenery, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
For more information on each of these Kananaskis hikes and Kananaskis trails, see the separate full detailed post mentioned.
Enjoy your time in Kananaskis Country and happy hiking!
1. Mount Shark / Smith-Dorrien Trail
2. Wedge Pond
3. Pocaterra Ridge
4. Windy Ridge Viewpoint via Healy Creek Trail
5. Rawson Lake via Assiniboine Pass Trail
6. Rock Isle Lake & Cirque Peak Hike, Spray Lakes Provincial Park
7. The Summit of Galatea Mountain, Kananaskis Country Alberta Canada
8. Allenby Pass and the Epic 12km Round Trip to Cerulean Lake in Kananaskis
9. Highwood Meadows & Blueberry Hill – An Easy Family Friendly Hike in Kananaskis
10. Whaleback Mountain – A Stunning Hike in Kananaskis Country
11. Burstall Pass & Barrier Lake Viewpoint – A Moderate Hike in Kananaskis
12. King Creek Ridge – An Adventurous Dream Come True in Kananaskis
13. Heart Creek Trail – An Easy Family Friendly Hike Near Canmore, Alberta
14. Tower of Babel Traverse – A Challenging & Scrambly Hike in Kananaskis
15. Sarrail Ridge – A Stunning Ridge Walk Above Spray Lakes Reservoir
16. Elbow Falls & Elbow River Spruce Meadows Loop – A Popular & Beautiful Hike Near Calgary
17. Chester Lake via long John trail and Elbow pass – A Snowy Winter Hike in Kananaskis
18. Opal Hills & Buller Pass – A Moderate Snowshoe Near Banff National Park
19. Elbow River Campground to Bragg Creek – A Popular Snowshoe or XC Ski Near Calgary
20. Troll Falls & Powderface Ridge – A Stunning Snowshoe or XC Ski in Kananaskis Country
Kananaskis Country is a beautiful place for a summer hike and there are so many great trails to choose from!
These are just a few of my favourites – have you hiked any of these Kananaskis trails? Let me know in the comments below!